- 2 cups whispering pines spelt flour
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 cups whispering pines oats
- 1 cup macadamia nuts – roughly chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 200 grams butter
- 1/3 cup golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- In a large bowl combine flour, coconut, rolled oats, macadamia nuts.
- In a medium saucepan melt butter with brown sugar, golden syrup and 1/3 cup water, stirring occasionally. Once butter mixture has reached simmer point, remove from heat and add bicarbonate of soda. Leave the mixture to stand for a couple of minutes.
- Pour butter mixture over your dry ingredients and start to mix. Add white chocolate chips and continue mixing until all ingredients have completely combined.
- Take one tablespoon of the mixture and roll it into a ball. Place the ball on your lined baking tray and continue with the rest of the mixture. Place balls around 4cm apart from each other, and squash slightly down with the back of a fork or your fingertips.
- Bake biscuits for around 12 minutes or until they are golden brown. They should be just firm to the touch. Cool on trays for 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack to continue to cool. Store any uneaten biscuits in an airtight container.