- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 long fresh red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 jar Billabong chunky eggplant pasta sauce
- 4 Cackleberries eggs
- 2 teaspoons Herbies sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons Herbies ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Herbies Ground Coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon Herbies dried chilli flakes (optional)
- ¼ bunch fresh flat leaf parsley sliced finely
- 1 loaf of Artisan bread of choice
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat. Cook onion for 3 minutes or until soft. Stir in capsicum, garlic and fresh chilli for 5 minutes or until soft. Stir in paprika, cumin, ground coriander, dried chilli flakes and sugar for 1 minute or until aromatic. Season.
- Add the tomato. Cook, stirring often, for 15 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat. Use the back of a spoon to make 4 large, evenly spaced indents in the mixture. Crack an egg into each indent
- Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 7-8 minutes for soft yolks or until cooked to your liking. Sprinkle parsley over and serve with crusty bread.