- 1 jar Zest Nepalese spice paste
- 1 large brown onion
- 1kg chicken thighs diced
- chicken stock (add 500ml hot water into a jug with stock powder)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 can chickpeas
- ½ butternut pumpkin diced
- 1 red capsicum diced
- 1 bunch broccolini roughly chopped
- Basmati rice 2 cups
- Rinse the rice in a strainer, for every 1 cup of rice add 1½ cups of water to a saucepan with a tight-fitting lid.
- Bring the water and rice to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to very low; the rice grains swell as they absorb the water. If the temperature is too high the bottom of the pot of rice can burn while the top rice is still undercooked.
- Cook for 10 minutes then remove the pot from the heat.
- Let the rice sit, covered, for an additional 10 minutes without lifting the lid.
Nepalese Chicken Curry
- In a large pot add oil and slowly brown off onion
- Add jar of Zest Nepalese spice paste and cook for a few minutes until fragrant
- Add diced chicken and brown off
- Add stock & diced pumpkin cook on a simmer for 15 minutes
- Add coconut milk, chickpeas and brocolini, capsicum and cook for a further 10-15 minutes until chicken is tender.
- Serve with rice and top with fried shallots and supreme roti bread