Eat like a queen this long weekend, and celebrate everything British with us, through these delicious Lemonade scones!
- 1 cup lemonade
- 1 cup cream
- 3 cups of self-raising flour
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- Add lemonade and cream to flour, mix to form a soft dough, then place on a floured surface.
- Knead dough to a 2cm thickness and cut with a floured cutter.
- Place close together on a tray, brush with beaten egg and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with copious amounts of cream and jam, and of course tea!
Serve with:- Traditional: Spoon raspberry jam & whipped Riverina cream
- For a decadent treat: Pepe saya maple butter
- Savoury: English cheddar and tomato relish