- 1/2 cup copha
- 250g butter, softened
- 600g caster sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- 5 egg whites
- 375g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup grounded pleasures cinnamon spice drinking chocolate
- 285ml milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon almond essence
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease and flour a 25cm ring pan.
- Cream copha and butter until light and fluffy, gradually adding sugar. Beat well at medium speed of an electric mixer. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon drinking chocolate powder together.
- Add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix just until blended after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla and almond essences.
- In a clean bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold carefully into cake batter, mixing only until no streaks remain. Pour batter into a ring pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes, remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.