Summer is the season for salad! Whether you're planning a picnic, having guests over, or just want a healthy lunch, a fresh salad bursting with seasonal ingredients is always a winner.
We have picked a few salad recipes that will turn the heads of our non-veggie-loving friends and keep you feeling refreshed and full.
Rocket, Pear, Walnut & Berry Creek Tarwin Blue Cheese:
- 2 tsp King Bee Honey
- ⅓ cup Wollundry Grove olive oil
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 Pears
- 3 cups Rocket leaves
- 100g Tarwin Blue cheese
- ¾ cup Walnuts, lightly toasted
- In a small bowl, mix together honey, Wollundry Grove Olive Oil and white wine vinegar.
- Remove the cores from your pears and slice thinly, leaving the skin on. Place pears in a separate bowl and pour over the dressing.
- Combine the rocket leaves, crumbled Tarwin Blue cheese and walnuts on a serving platter.
- Scatter the salad with the sliced pears, drizzle over extra dressing, and serve!
Pear & Manchego Salad:
- 1 tablespoon King Bee honey
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1/4 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons + 1/4 teaspoon Wollundry Grove olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 pepper
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 120g mixed baby greens
- 1 pear cored, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 50g Manchego cheese, shaved
- In a small saucepan, heat the honey, rosemary and water. Simmer for 30 seconds and remove from heat. In a small fry pan over medium high heat, sauté the almonds in 1/4 teaspoon olive oil until they are toasted. Let the almonds cool before mixing with the lemon zest and salt and pepper.
- For the dressing, whisk the remaining olive oil with the balsamic vinegar. Toss the mixed greens with the dressing, almonds, pears, red onions and Manchego. Remove the rosemary sprigs and drizzle with honey before serving.
Peach, Almond and Gorganzola salad:
- 1 small beetroot
- 20g King Bee honey
- 15g Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove
- 25ml cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 120ml Wollundry Grove olive oil , plus extra to finish
- 40g Roughly chopped almonds
- 10g butter
- 1 endive
- 4 small peaches; 20g rocket
- 120g Gorganzola, broken into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Wash the beetroot, wrap it in foil and bake for two hours, or until very soft, then peel.
- To make the dressing, put the beetroot, honey, mustard, garlic, vinegar, salt and pepper in a food processor. Process for a few seconds, then add one quarter of the oil at a time until smooth.
- Sauté the pine nuts in butter and a pinch of salt for three to four minutes, then set aside to cool. Trim the base of the endive and carefully separate the leaves. Halve the peaches, remove the stone and cut each half into three wedges. To assemble, spoon some dressing in a circle in the centre of a serving plate. Top with four or five endive leaves, hollow side up. Drizzle with oil and arrange the peaches, rocket and cheese inside the leaves. Drizzle more oil around and about, and sprinkle with almonds.