Happy International Cooking Day!
For all the cooking lovers out there, today is your day to cook your favourite meal, no matter if it is breakfast for dinner or dessert for lunch!
Here is Chef Bec’s go-to salad which can be a main meal and also a side dish!
ROAST VEGETABLE & QUINOA SALAD (GF, DF V)
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 zucchini
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled
- 1/4 butternut pumpkin, peeled
- 1 red onion
- 1 cup of baby spinach
- 1 cup of rocket
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 cubes of Meredith marinated goats cheese (hands down the best goats cheese you will try!)
- Caramelised balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- clove garlic, crushed
- Heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Cut all vegetables into a large dice and toss in a bowl with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic. Place in a lined baking tray and cook for 15-20 mins.
- In a separate bowl place the cooked quinoa, spinach and rocket, add cooked vegetables, 1 cube of the goats cheese and use some of the oil from the marinated goats cheese and a little drizzle of the caramelised balsamic dressing.
- Divide into two bowls, sprinkle with the other cube of goats cheese and drizzle with some extra balsamic.
ADDITIONS: Add some protein such as chicken if you want!