- 1½ cups (225g) self-raising flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder, sifted
- ⅔ cup (165g) caster sugar
- 1½ cups (375ml) buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 Holbrook eggs, separated
- vegetable oil, for greasing
- Jar Pepe Saya maple butter
- 12 rashes Mangoplah free range streaky bacon
- Place the flour, baking powder, sugar, buttermilk, vanilla and egg yolks in a large bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Place the eggwhites in a clean medium bowl and beat with electric hand beaters until stiff peaks form. Fold the eggwhites into the flour mixture.
- Place a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat and lightly grease with oil. Cook ¼ cupfuls of the mixture, in batches, for 3–4 minutes each side or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Grill bacon until nice a crispy
- Top with the bacon & maple to serve. Serves 6.