RECIPE: Paleo Crispy Pork Belly
Delicious crispy free range pork belly - perfect for the Paleo diet
1 kg or 2 lbs pork belly (get the butcher to score it!)
2 cloves garlic crushed
1/4 cup macadamia oil
1 tbs. pink Himalayan salt (and extra)
1 tbs. ground coriander
1 tbs. dried thyme leaves
1 tbs. paprika
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. chilli powder
- Preheat the oven to 220*C.
- In a small bowl combine all the herbs, spices and garlic.
- Place the pork belly skin side up in a greased roasting pan.
- Pour over half the oil and season really well with salt.
- Sprinkle the spice mix over and rub it in to the pork skin, make sure you get the spice mix into those scores!
- Pour over the remaining oil and season with a little extra salt.
- Place the pork into the oven for 20 minutes, watch that skin puff and crisp up!
- Turn down the oven to 160*C and cook for a further 1 hour.
- If the skin isn't quite crisp enough (boohoo!) place under a hot grill for 5-10 minutes.
- Allow the pork to rest for 10 minutes before cutting and serving